Hello Sam,

Couple of things to confirm:
    - I assume you are building branch-0.7 of Tez for 0.7.1-SNAPSHOT as there
has not yet been a release of 0.7.1?
    - For hadoop, are you using hadoop-2.7.0 or hadoop-2.7.1 ( though this
really should not be too relevant here )?

I took branch-0.7 of the current code base and compiled it against
hadoop-2.7.1. I also ran the test that was failing and it did not fail.

Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS:  -Djava.awt.headless=true
Running org.apache.tez.dag.app.TestMockDAGAppMaster
2016-04-06 11:31:18.076 java[20695:1903] Unable to load realm info from
SCDynamicStore
Tests run: 17, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 3, Time elapsed: 5.788 sec

I think this might be a flaky test that we need to fix. I would suggest filing
a bug for this with the surefire logs for the test in question so that it will
help us debug the flaky failure. Please update the jira with hadoop version
too.  If this test is consistently failing for you, let us know ( if not, a
quick fix would be to just patch the code with an @Ignore to skip the test )

thanks
— Hitesh