Not sure if this will help, but If you're running into class loading issues ,
take a look here:
FAQ - Tez - Apache Software Foundation

|   |    |

|   |
FAQ - Tez - Apache Software Foundation
   |   |

    On Wednesday, September 28, 2016 9:39 AM, Manuel Godbert
<manuel.godb...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Hello,
In non local mode my M/R jobs generally behave as expected with Tez. However
some still resist, and I am trying to have them running locally to understand
if I they can work with some changes (either in my code or in Tez code, and in
that latter case I planned to contribute some way to the Tez effort). Runnning
the WordCount locally is only a first step.
I won't be able to provide source code easily for the real problematic jobs, as
we use a quite big home made framework on top of hadoop and that is not open
source... in a few words most of my issues actually seem to come from the task
attempts IDs management. We have subclassed the output committers to manage
multiple outputs, and when we reach the commit task step the produced files are
not always where expected in the temporary task attempt paths. It is hard to
say what happens exactly, and this is why I wanted to reproduce the issue
locally before sharing it.
Besides this, another minor issue we got is that we used to package our
applicative jars with nested dependencies in /lib and these are ignored by Tez.
We could easily work around this expanding these and adapting our classpath.
Regards