Uday,
Are you running this with LLAP? Without LLAP. as far as I know, Hive will
launch additional sessions even with the settings that you mentioned. If
this is working for you - great. You may want to send out a note to the
hive community, or open a jira requesting control over concurrent queries
via a simpler option (instead of having to configure 3 parameters,
potentially 2 more for thread pool sizes)
In terms of Tez local mode - there's a jira open to support concurrent DAGs.