From: Toomas Aas [mailto:toomas....@raad.tartu.ee]
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 1:50 PM
To: Toomas Aas
Cc: user@thrift.apache.org
Subject: Re: Version 0.6.0 on FreeBSD doesn't build the shared.library

Help, please... I've been stuck on this for a week. Trying to compile
Thrift 0.6.0 on FreeBSD 8.1, and ./configure refuses to build the C++
library even if specifically told to do so with the --with-cpp switch.

I also tried with the freshly-released 0.6.1, but the result is the
same - configure script decides not to build the C++ library. From the
JIRA pages I see that at least some people have managed to build
Thrift on FreeBSD not too long ago, so it must be possible.

I tried to compare the config.log output of (successful) 0.4.0 build
with the unsuccessful 0.6.x build, but both logs contain a lot of
errors and it's really hard to tell which of them are significant.

My latest config.log output is here:
ftp://ftp.raad.tartu.ee/pub/it/toomas/config.log

--
Toomas Aas