On 07/27/2011 01:22 AM, prabakaran.natara...@cognizant.com wrote:
Thank You.

What is the type of application you are building? Why are you using
Erlang?
I doubt I'd say anything new to well known benefits of Erlang/OTP, and this would be considered off-topic. Among other reasons - we build telecom apps.
Thanks and Regards
Prabakaran.N

-----Original Message-----
From: Dmitriy Kargapolov [mailto:dmitriy.kargapo...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 9:21 PM
To: user@thrift.apache.org
Subject: Re: Thrift Business Case

I guess most of the users are too busy or too lazy to provide detailed
answer to this...
Would you create some sort of online survey with simple clear questions
and possible answers, and with ability to view final statistics, this
would work much better for everyone...

Regarding subject - we're using Thrift to communicate between Erlang app

and its (very simple) port implemented in Java (for sake of Oracle AQ
client functionality). Simple custom Thrift transport over Erlang port
IO implemented. So the main reasons: flexibility and fast development
with low level of efforts.