From: Chiku [mailto:hakise...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2011 12:06 PM
To: user@thrift.apache.org
Subject: Re: Does thrift support one-client communicating with
multi-servers?

You will have to write your own wrapper for that.

As far as I know, Thrift has no such aggregation service and in my
opinion
there is a reason for that too:

1) What if a Server fails to respond to the request? How does the
Service
react? It will be very specific to what kind of behavior you want to
achieve.
 Example: Ignore the request which is taking a lot of time? All the
other
requests become invalid or not.

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 10:34 AM, chang liu <liuchan...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a cluster of servers running the same service but with
different
> data, an aggregator acting as a client in front of the cluster
communicats
> to all of the servers and collects data from each service, so the
client
> gets a data set finally. I am going to use thrift as the RPC
framework.

> the service defination is below:
> service MyService {
>    Data call(1:Param param);
> }
>
> But the generated code only has the method I defined, I wish some
method
> like this:
> List<Data> callMulti(1:Param param);
> to be generated from the defination above. Maybe there is also
necessary to
> have some TTransport implementation like TMultiServerTransport.
>
> Is there any way to archive this?
>
> Any Advice will be appropriated.

If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing
or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.