From: Aki Sukegawa
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2016 7:51 PM
To: thrift-user-help
Subject: Re: TProtocolException: Expected version 1 but got 2

Hi, what protocol do you use and against what servers/languages ?
Last time I checked, Apache Thrift against fbthrift with Compact protocol
was deemed to end up with this version 2 v.s. 1 error.
(For anyone interested/concerned, they chose to increment compact protocol
version to use big endian, rather than little endian, for double floating
point number encoding, while we chose to fix those languages that has been
erroneously using big endian.)

If you're only using Apache Thrift endpoints, it sounds worth a bug report.