From: Julien Nioche [mailto:lists.digitalpeb...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2016 9:39 AM
To: user@tika.apache.org
Subject: Re: Error parsing PDFs

The Metadata object is brand new for each document parsed, see
[https://github.com/apache/nutch/blob/master/src/plugin/parse-tika/src/java/org/apache/nutch/parse/tika/TikaParser.java#L102]

On 17 October 2016 at 14:03, Allison, Timothy B.
<talli...@mitre.org<mailto:talli...@mitre.org>> wrote:
New feature. :)   We didn't extract xmpMM in 1.11.

Thank you for sharing a test file! I'm not able reproduce this with Tika trunk.

The error means that a value for xmpMM:DocumentID was already set in the
Metadata object, and you're trying to add another value.  xmpMM:DocumentID is
"SIMPLE" and only allows one value.

Is nutch reusing the Metadata object, not clearing it, or prepopulating it with
xmp metadata?  I'll take a look at nutch.