Yep!

From: "Allison, Timothy B." <talli...@mitre.org>
Date: Friday, July 7, 2017 at 3:52 AM
To: "user@tika.apache.org" <user@tika.apache.org>
Subject: RE: Tika content detection and crawled "remote" content

Should we add a WARC parser? J

From: Julien Nioche [mailto:lists.digitalpeb...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 7, 2017 3:43 AM
To: user@tika.apache.org

Is anyone aware of a tool to run Tika on a WARC file? Everything required for
detection
and parsing is contained (URL, HTTP metadata, binary content).

you could do that with my good old Behemoth in 2 steps : WARC to Behemoth
format then run Tika on that

On 6 July 2017 at 13:27, Sebastian Nagel <wastl.na...@googlemail.com> wrote:

Hi,

> Otherwise, for anything else (eg that word / graphviz one), please do open up
> JIRAs!
Done, see TIKA-2242.

>> Why, yes, please!  JIRA with small samples would be fantastic.

1000 randomly chosen examples per content-type are ready:

https://commoncrawl-dev.s3.amazonaws.com/tika-content-type-detection/test/
  tika_html_server_side_scripting_lang_php.warc.gz
  tika_html_server_side_scripting_lang_asp.warc.gz
  tika_html_server_side_scripting_lang_coldfusion.warc.gz
  tika_html_server_side_scripting_lang_jsp.warc.gz
  tika_html_server_side_scripting_lang_cgi.warc.gz
  tika_html_server_side_scripting_lang_perl.warc.gz

Note: there are few real PHP/JSP/Perl/... documents among them.

If there is no "global" solution (TIKA-2419), I'll open "smaller" Jiras.

Is anyone aware of a tool to run Tika on a WARC file? Everything required for
detection
and parsing is contained (URL, HTTP metadata, binary content).

Thanks,
Sebastian

On 07/05/2017 04:07 PM, Nick Burch wrote:
> Having taken a "quick" look over lunch at some of the "programming language"
> ones, and gone down a
> rabbit whole... I think at least some of them are as described in TIKA-2419,
> where our change to the
> HTML magic priority to fix for HTML-containing formats like email had broken
> some things.
>
> I've done a quick fix for 1.16, but it'd be good to try the impact of other
> things, eg dropping the
> xml priority to match the html one to see if that helps / breaks other things
>

> Otherwise, for anything else (eg that word / graphviz one), please do open up
> JIRAs!
>
> Thanks
> Nick
>
> On 05/07/17 14:10, Allison, Timothy B. wrote:
>> Why, yes, please!  JIRA with small samples would be fantastic.  I think
>> working in desc order of
>> most common to least would be best...php, asp, coldfusion.
>>
>> I'm about to cut 1.16, but I look forward to improving Tika with this
>> tremendously useful data.
>>
>> Again, many thanks!
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>>             Tim

>>> s3://commoncrawl-dev/tika-content-type-detection/content-type-diff-tik
>>> a-1.15-cc-main-2017-26.txt.xz
>>>
>>> https://commoncrawl-dev.s3.amazonaws.com/tika-content-type-detection/c
>>> ontent-type-diff-tika-1.15-cc-main-2017-26.txt.xz
>>> [3]
>>> https://github.com/apache/nutch/blob/master/src/java/org/apache/nutch/
>>> util/MimeUtil.java#L152 [4]

--

Open Source Solutions for Text Engineering

http://www.digitalpebble.com
http://digitalpebble.blogspot.com/
#digitalpebble