On Thu, 11 Feb 2021, Tim Allison wrote:
I can replicate this on my windows laptop.

The weird thing is that the image file is actually there and if I pause the
debugger at the point after imagemagick has complained that the file isn't
there but before Tika does the clean up,

Windows is funny about two programs having the same file open, especially if one of them has it for read-write. It does mean that Windows has file semantics that better match what people expect (opening a file on unix then deleting it, but still being able to keep reading the old file confuses developers the first time they discover it!), but also means you have to be more careful about closing files, simultanious access etc

Nick