The implementation probably will be involving the following:

   1. add a new type for column TEXT_TYPE in meta-table
   TRAFODION."_MD_".TEXT, say COMMENT_TYPE;
   2. allow COMMENT ON syntax in the parser;
   3. convert the content of COMMENT ON stmt into insertion/update of a
   row(s) in the TEXT meta-data table for the SQL object in question;
   4. write a UDF to show the comment easily for a SQL object, by hiding
   the join of the meta-data TEXT and OBJECTS table.

The task may be a little bit involving :-).

Thanks  --Qifan

--
Regards, --Qifan