From: pieter gmail [mailto:pieter.mar...@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2017 2:16 AM
To: user@trafodion.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: auto generated primary keys

Hi,

Yes that is it thanks.
I was reading 2.1.0 as that's the docker I installed. Don't see Identity Column
mentioned there.
I'll try to install 2.2.0.

Is it correct then to define a auto increment primary key as,

CREATE TABLE identity_employee (

  id LARGEINT GENERATED ALWAYS AS IDENTITY,

  description VARCHAR(40),

  PRIMARY KEY (id)

 );

As an aside, I see in section 3.17.1 that "A PRIMARY KEY constraint is required
in Trafodion SQL."
However I see many examples where the primary key is not specified. Is there
some default happening in this case?

Thanks
Pieter