I think we need to optimize for end users, not necessarily easier for
development environments.  End users the ones for whom we need to make
things easy so that their initial experience doesn't include a bunch of
extra switches to get reasonable performance.  So I'm +1 on the original
suggestion as well.

I think that if it's an issue for dev environments, we add it to a
trafodion developers environment customization script that developers can
run as needed.  But that's a discussion for the dev list, not user.

-Carol P.

Email:    carol.pearson...@gmail.com
Twitter:  @CarolP222