On 05/04/2011 11:21 AM, Jörn Kottmann wrote:
On 5/4/11 11:10 AM, Jens Grivolla wrote:

In order to add annotations it seems that you need to select the
annotation type through the "Mode" context menu, which is quite time
consuming (and error prone) if you have a large type system, and
especially when the wanted type is derived through several levels of
supertypes.

You do not need to switch via the Mode context menu to add an annotation
of the desired type. The Mode type is just the type
you can annotate with the fewest key strokes. You can use "Shift" +
"Enter" to annotate a piece of text and then choose the
annotation type from a list of available types in a pop up. Each type in
this list is combined with a key short cut. When you remember
the short cut you can do something like this "Shift" + "Enter" + "p" to
create an annotation.
Where p is the letter written in front of one of your annotations.

Does that help you?

Unfortunately this consistently freezes Eclipse every time I have tried it, so I haven't even been able to see what it is supposed to do. The keyboard shortcuts might help, if it worked. We've tried it on several versions of Eclipse (all on Linux), and all freeze completely when pressing Shift-Return or clicking on the corresponding menu item.

I will have a look at the outline view, maybe we can add there a button
or context menu to switch the mode of the editor.

It seems that there are quite a few changes in the trunk, but I'm not
sure how to best use those versions, preferably without messing up my
Eclipse configuration (which is a bit fragile when using manually
installed plugins).

We fixed a few bugs and removed the Cas Editor Project support. I
suggest that you just create a normal eclipse project
and then place a type system at the default location.

That's what I'm doing, but with the 2.3.1 release installed via "Install new software..." in Eclipse. How do I best update to the trunk version?

Thanks,
Jens