On 03/25/2012 03:35 PM, Eric Buist wrote:
[UIMA chooses bad look-and-feel on some platforms]
Fortunately, I found a workaround: pass
-Dswing.systemlaf=com.sun.java.swing.plaf.gtk.GTKLookAndFeel in the JVM
arguments. That overrides the bad guess of the JVM and fallback to
Metal. Note that the usual property name would be swing.defaultlaf, but
I had to use swing.systemlaf because of the DocAnalyzer activating the
system look and feel (this would have normally worked, though).

If I could find a way to have this passed all the times, without having
to change the launch configuration of each UIMA tool, I would be
happier, but this is already a very good step forward. At least I am not
blocked anymore by this, and can continue exploring under Linux.

Pretty much all UIMA tools that you run from the command line are run through runUimaClass.sh, so whatever settings you make there should work pretty much universally.

HTH,
Jens