Von: Marshall Schor [mailto:m...@schor.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 7. August 2013 02:51
An: user@uima.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Processing a List of Strings with UIMA Addons components

On 8/6/2013 6:10 PM, Mathaeus Dejori wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to use UIMA AS to annotate a large list of text segments.
> Instead of passing each text segment individually to the
> AnalysisEngine I'd like to pass the entire list at once.
>
> As far as I understand I can use the cas.setSofaDataArray() to pass a
> list of Strings and get back Annotations that refer to particular segments.
> However, in doing so I won't be able to use any of the existing
> Annotators (e.g. Concept Mapper) as their process(cas, spec) function
> expects the cas.getDocumentText().
>
> Is there a design pattern for uima to consume a list of strings, pass
> individual elements to specific Annotators and combine all the results
> at the end?
If what you are trying to do is to take an input CAS which has a bunch of
"strings" and send each one thru a pipeline,  the normal UIMA design pattern
for that is to use a CAS Multiplier at the start which gets as input the CAS
with all the strings, and then puts each one into another CAS and send it
through the
pipeline.   If the combining you want to do is to combine all the results into
another CAS, then you can use another CAS Multiplier at the end which receives
the individual string CASes, and accumulates results until all the parts are
done, and then outputs a "result" CAS with the combined result.

See
http://uima.apache.org/d/uimaj-2.4.1/tutorials_and_users_guides.html#ugr.tug.cm

-Marshall