I attached a patch to Jira UIMA-3616 and instructions on how to apply it. If there are any problems let me know and I'll get right on it. Note that you don't need a source-level distribution (ducc_ling source is supplied in the binary distro) but you do need a current 1.0.0 ducc_ling.c. ducc_ling is back-compatible quite a ways, so if you're still on a pre 1.0.0 version, it should be safe to get the 1.0.0 ducc_ling, patch it, and install it in the beta.

Jim