Hi Jeffery,

According the info at
http://uima.apache.org/d/uimaj-2.6.0/tutorials_and_users_guides.html#ugr.tug.aae.result_specification_setting

   "The default Result Specification is taken from the Engine's output
Capability Specification."

So it should be possible to deploy the UIMA-AS service with a particular
ResultSpecification,
if a static configuration is all that is needed.

Using the ResultSpecification to control annotator behavior is quite
limited;
consider wanting a speed vs accuracy knob. A more general static solution
would be based
on configuration parameters, and a dynamic solution would put control
information into the CAS.

Eddie