Hi all,

I think that LEO and uimaFIT are largely orthogonal.

While both try to make the use of UIMA easier, LEO focusses on
UIMA-AS while uimaFIT focusses on the core UIMA API.

There appear to be some overlaps between LEO and uimaFIT,
e.g. when it comes to generating descriptors. LEO appears
to be using a more heavy-weight approach by providing its
own descriptor wrapper classes where the uimaFIT factories
provide follow what I would see as a more lightweight approach.

I think it should be possible to mix uimaFIT and LEO in such
a sense that descriptors created with uimaFIT can be consumed
by LEO and uimaFIT-aware components should run nicely on LEO.

Cheers,

-- Richard