Von: Richard Eckart de Castilho [mailto:r...@apache.org]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 30. Juli 2015 14:46
An: user@uima.apache.org
Betreff: Re: DKPro NamedEntity ClassCastException

On 30.07.2015, at 13:23, armin.weg...@bka.bund.de wrote:

> Hello Richard and Peter!
>
> The problem is solved but not really understood.
>
> a) Downgrading form uimaFIT 2.1.0 to uimaFIT 2.0.0 helped. So, it must be
> connected to 2.1.0 in some way.
>
> b) Adding an annotator with cas.getJCas() or jcas.getCas().getJCas() in
> process() to the begin of the pipeline does nothing.
>
> c) Adding cas.getJCas() or jcas.getCas().getJCas() to the collection reader
> does nothing.
>
> d) Changing the collection reader from CasCollectionReader_ImplBase to
> JCasCollectionReader_ImplBase solved it. I don't use JCas often. I prefer the
> more flexible CAS.

Uhm - JCasCollectionReader_ImplBase does directly inherit from the UIMA
CollectionReader_ImplBase - nothing special.

Did you possibly override the initialize() method (the one with no args)
without calling super?
... although don't wouldn't see why that would make a difference either.

Cheers,

-- Richard