Hi Erik, sorry for a delay responding to your question. This seems like a
CPE question is this right? I am not quite following what is the issue you
are running into. Could you explain this better? With a clearer problem
description perhaps others will jump in with an answer  :)

Just FYI, the CPE was replaced by the UIMA-AS quite a long time ago.
Perhaps UIMA-AS can work better for you. You can read about it here:
https://uima.apache.org/d/uima-as-2.9.0/uima_async_scaleout.html

Jerry
UIMA Team