Hi,

hmm, I think I have to try to reproduce it...

Can you try it with Java 8? There is an option in the launch config.

Can you delete the old launch config and try to launch the script
directly: Open the script in the Editor and simply press the Run button
without selecting anything?

Best,

Peter

Am 09.04.2019 um 14:46 schrieb Nikolai Krot:
> Hallo Peter,
>
> Thank you for your prompt reply.
>
> As recommended, I tried Photon (4.8.0), this time on Ubuntu 18.04
> (openjdk-11), everything from the official repository. I applied the same
> steps as before, except
>
> 5) in Eclipse, go to ExampleProject/input/Example1.txt, right click, select
> [Debug As]. There is no ready configuration, so i created one. Well, the
> only thing I did was pointing Launch script to Main.ruta.
>
> The error now is different, "Cannot connect to VM, socket closed". When I
> just [Run as], the error pops up
>
> Error occurred during initialization of boot layer
>> java.lang.LayerInstantiationException: Package
>> jdk.internal.jimage.decompressor in both module jrt.fs and module java.base
>>
>  looks like something really wrong.. I know this is not related to UIMA
> Ruta, but perhaps you could provide me with further advice on that?
>
> Best regards,
> Nikolai
>
> On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 10:15 AM Peter Klügl <peter.klu...@averbis.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>> there are some known issue with the latest Eclipse version. Can you try
>> it with Eclipse Photon (4.8.0)?
>>
>> Is there more Stacktrace output? If yes, can you add it too?
>>

>> BEst,
>>

>> Peter
>>

>> Am 07.04.2019 um 15:36 schrieb Nikolai Krot:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I am trying out UIMA Ruta and having hard times figuring out how to run
>>> ExampleProject. I am not a Java guy and at this point feel already
>>> frustrated with abundant documentation.
>>>
>>> My steps so far have been to:
>>>
>>> 1) install Eclipse Version: 2019-03 (4.11.0) on Debian Linux
>>> 2) install UIMA Ruta plugin from
>>> http://uima.apache.org/downloads.cgi#Latest%20Official%20Releases)