On 16. Sep 2019, at 19:05, Marshall Schor <m...@schor.com> wrote:

> I can reproduce the problem, and see what is happening.  The deserialization
> code compares the two type systems, and allows for some mismatches (things
> present in one and not in the other), but it doesn't allow for having a
> feature
> whose range (value) is type XXXX in one type system and type YYYY in the
> other.
> See CasTypeSystemMapper lines 299 - 315.

Without reading the code in detail - could we not relax this check such that
the element type of FSArrays is not checked and the code simply assumes that
the source element type has the same features as the target element type (with
the usual lenient handling of missing features in the target type)? - Kind of a
"duck typing" approach?

Cheers,

-- Richard