I have created a Ruta script and now I want it to use as a UIMA AE. Thanks to
the Maven plugin, I created the AE descriptor which I could get to work easily.
I have packaged the whole component into a single JAR which I then use via the
Maven dependency mechanism. This works fine until I try to use a word list. It
seems that while script and descriptor files can be loaded from a classpath
location, this does not work for resources.

Right now I have the impression that I would have to deliver not only file
paths but even absolute file paths as the JavaDocs suggest.

Would it be possible to change this and allow a classpath lookup like for the
script file? I would really like to just package everything into a JAR and
avoid a non-portable installation due to absolute paths.

Are there other possibilities to achieve portability when using word lists?

Thanks,

Erik