Hi all,

I am writing because I noticed that our pipelines got considerably slower after
updating to UIMA3. The cause of the slowdown seems to be the fact that the
method getJCasRegisteredType located in TypeSystemImpl uses a synchronised
block. We haven't noticed it before but when I was running a pipeline in a
large machine (48 cores with 80 worker threads) many of the threads were
blocked in this specific method.

I just wanted to point that this is a big problem for us and I am not sure if
you are aware or if there is some workaround. I am at this point considering
packaging our own version of UIMA without the synchronised block since our
types are not dynamic and should be loaded when the pipeline starts so it is
unlikely that we need the synchronised access to the type registry.

Best regards,
Augusto

________________________________
Disclaimer:
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and directed
solely for the use of the intended addressee or addressees and may contain
information that is legally privileged, confidential, and exempt from
disclosure. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender
by telephone, fax, or return email and immediately delete this email and any
files transmitted along with it. Unintended recipients are not authorized to
disclose, disseminate, distribute, copy or take any action in reliance on
information contained in this email and/or any files attached thereto, in any
manner other than to notify the sender; any unauthorized use is subject to
legal prosecution.