Good morning,

is it possible to point to the velocity.properties file using
environment variables?

we have a velocity.properties in our classpath, this should be used as
default and in production environments. Then, we have another one,
named, for example velocity-dev.properties (or in another directory,
like dev/velocity.properties), which has different settings for
logging, caching and refreshing as the production file.

Is it possible to start the container or the war file with something
like -Dorg.apache.velocity.properties=velocity-dev.properties, similar
as it is done with the log4j configuration file?

Thanks and regards
Paul.