Mike,

On 12/5/14 8:23 PM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:
> I'm still using struts 1 and velocity on a project I'm actively
> working on this month.
>
> I can take a look on Monday morning and see what we're doing.

Okay. I actually wrote this and tried to send it a few days ago but was
having SMTP issues across international borders (i.e. my V-prefixed ISP
has braindead SMTP servers, don't get me started). I finally got this
sent after returning to the US.

In the intervening days, I tried a few things that will work if
necessary. My current hack does something like this:

#set($myHref = $link.forward('my-link'))
#if('http' == $href.scheme && $href.port == '443')
#set($href = $href.port(80))
#end

So it's doable... I was just hoping that it wouldn't require an ugly
hack like this. Fortunately, this is one of a *very* small number of
URLs that are (a) configured in struts-config.xml and (b) point to
resources external to our web application.

Thanks,
-chris