From: Lawrence Jones
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 10:07 AM
To: user@xmlbeans.apache.org
Subject: RE: xmlbeans ant task

Hi all

I'm going to submit a patch that will update the documentation to
include jsr173_api.jar in the classpath.

The UnsupportedClassVersionError is odd - the only circumstance when you
would get that appears to me to be if you had already compiled
org/apache/xmlbeans/xml/stream/XMLInputStream.java using a jdk 1.5 javac
and then try to recompile some other part of the source code using jdk
1.4.x which depends on XMLInputStream and ends up picking up the
org.apache.xmlbeans.xml.stream.XMLInputStream.class file which you
compiled with jdk 1.5. Then the class file could have a "later" format
which the 1.4.x javac doesn't understand.

It could be an error in the 'clean' target not deleting
org.apache.xmlbeans.xml.stream.XMLInputStream.class before starting the
compile. If one of you could send me a repro containing the exact steps
you took (you can send this to me offline if you like) then I'll raise a
JIRA for it and we can get it looked at.

Cheers,

Lawrence

*