In the early days of XMLBeans we implemented something very similar to
what you describe, but it was failing to work when schema types where
using inheritance.

The solution implemented today even if less nice, is working in those
cases and allows the runtime to use the memory more efficiently when
extensions are both used or not.

Another option, which I don't recommend since I think is way worse than
using extensions - but you might want to consider it, is to generate the
sources and than explicitly modify and package them.

Cezar

The
> class XmlBeanGeneratedInterfaceImpl)
> For the case described before it would be:
> XmlHolderTypeLib.Factory.parse(file, HolderTypeLib)
> that would return an instance of HolderTypeLib.
>
> And then whatever I add to HolderTypeLib I will not need to regenerate
> xmlBeans interface.
> Or even if I subclass it again (HolderTypeLibSub extends
HolderTypeLib)
> I want to be able to do also XmlHolderTypeLib.Factory.parse(file,
> HolderTypeLibSub)
>

> Does someone have an idea, I m sure it should be possible.
> If some of the developer of xmlBeans see this can you tell me if there
> is a chance to do that (or not at all).
>
> Thanks,
> Marouane
>
> On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 18:51, Cezar Andrei wrote:
> > Ben,
> >
> > Take a look at extensions, it's probably what you're looking for:
> > http://wiki.apache.org/xmlbeans/ExtensionInterfacesFeature
> >
> > Cezar

by email and then delete it.