Hi Patrizio,

execQuery() methods return new documents (there are queries that
construct new documents), so the modifications on results will not
affect the original.
In your case, you should be better off using XMLCursor.selectPath().
This method will set a selection on the original document, than use
hasNext/toNextSelection methods to navigate.

Avoid creation of many cursors, if you want to improve performance, in
your case one is probably enough, moving a cursor anywhere in a document
is much faster than managing many cursors. After you're done with it
don't forget to call dispose().

Cezar