I don't know of any public way to do exactly what you want, but you can
quickly put something together by looking at the implementation of:

Src/typeimpl/org/apache/xmlbeans/impl/validator/Validator.java:74
validateAtomicType(ScemaType, String, Event)

I hope this helps,
Cezar

entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally
privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received
this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete
it.