What query engine are you using?

>From what I know, Saxon's free implementation doesn't support schema
aware XQuery.

On the other hand, BEA's products do support schema aware XQuery based
on XMLBeans schema type systems.

Cezar

________________________________

From: Paul Hepworth [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 9:51 AM
To: user@xmlbeans.apache.org
Subject: Import schema for schema aware XQuery

Hi

I have a situation where I need to use a schema-aware XQuery, so I can
ensure that what the query is asking for is possible in the schema.

I tried adding a line like this...

import schema default element namespace "" at "videos.xsd";

...to the beginning of my call, so I have something like this:

myXmlObject.execQuery("import schema default element namespace '' at
'videos.xsd';" + getQuery());

However, I get an error XPST0003 stating "Import schema must appear
earlier in the prolog".

So it appears that XmlBeans is adding some default statements to the
beginning of my XQuery.

Is there a way to get my import statement into the query in the right
place? Or is schema-aware XQuery not possible in XmlBeans?

Many Thanks

Paul

This message should be regarded as confidential. If you have received
this email in error please notify the sender and destroy it immediately.
Statements of intent shall only become binding when confirmed in hard
copy by an authorised signatory. The contents of this email may relate
to dealings with other companies within the Detica Group plc group of
companies.

Detica Limited is registered in England under No: 1337451.

Registered offices: Surrey Research Park, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7YP,
England.

entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally
privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received
this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete
it.