Jacob,
Here is a part of the schema:
<xsd:element name="deadline" type="xsd:dateTime" maxOccurs="1"
minOccurs="0"/>
                    <xsd:element name="priority" type="xsd:int"
nillable="true"/>
using the attribute nillable or not does not change the type of the
generated Java type : it is always int.
Is it normal? or should it generate Integer?

By the way, I have just found a workaround for my problem, using the
XMLBeans types, but I am still interested to know the answer to this
question.

Thanks for your help