FWIW, I have tried this with the current V2 build and it works the same
with both getters, so probably it is a bug in the V1 code line.

As you noticed, very few people still use V1, so my best advice would be
to look at upgrading. But there's nothing wrong with calling
header.setTimestamp(xdatetime.calendarValue()); to be clear.

Radu

On Fri, 2008-05-16 at 01:48 -0700, Inman, Peter wrote:
> Jacob,
>
> Thanks for replying,
>
> I'm creating the document from scratch using the code generated from
> the
> schema.
>
> I'm wondering if it's my use of XmlDateTime that is actually wrong!
>
> I created a simple schema which I've included below for reference,
> with
> a single xsd:dateTime. Then generated the jar file using scomp.
>
> My java code looks like this, to create the document and initialise
> the
> XmlDateTime.
>
>     EXTSYS2CERSPortReport rep =
> EXTSYS2CERSPortReport.Factory.newInstance();
>     PortHeaderType header = rep.addNewHeader();
>     header.setCERSId("CERSID");
>     header.setExtId("ME");
>

>         GDate g = new
> org.apache.xmlbeans.GDate("2008-05-16T09:41:41");
>       XmlDateTime xdatetime = XmlDateTime.Factory.newInstance();
>       xdatetime.setGDateValue(g);
>

> When setting the values, this worked
>
>     header.setTimestamp(xdatetime.calendarValue());
>
> (<Header Timestamp="2008-05-16T09:47:06" ExtId="ME" CERSId="CERSID"
> xmlns="urn:port/types"/>)
>
> but the next statement didn't work, yet xdatetime is an XmlDateTime
> object, correctly initialised.
>
> header.xsetTimestamp(xdatetime);
> (<Header Timestamp="" ExtId="ME" CERSId="CERSID"
> xmlns="urn:port/types"/>)
>
> So, I ended up calling getCalenderValue() on the xmldatetime object
> and
> using the non-xml set method which takes in a calendar to get it
> working.
>
> This is fine for me, as it removes the time-zone from the standard
> calendar, so it works, but is this the way I should use it?
>
> Pete
>

> <xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
> xmlns:tns="urn:port/types"
> xmlns:soap11-enc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/";
> xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";
> xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/";
> xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
> targetNamespace="urn:port/types" elementFormDefault="qualified">
>         <xsd:complexType name="EXTSYS2CERSPortReport">
>                 <xsd:sequence>
>                         <xsd:element name="Header"
> type="tns:portHeaderType"/>
>                 </xsd:sequence>
>         </xsd:complexType>
>         <xsd:complexType name="portHeaderType">
>                 <xsd:attribute name="ExtId" type="xsd:string"
> use="required"/>
>                 <xsd:attribute name="CERSId" type="xsd:string"/>
>                 <xsd:attribute name="ParentId" type="xsd:string"/>
>                 <xsd:attribute name="Timestamp" type="xsd:dateTime"
> use="required"/>
>                 <xsd:attribute name="Originator" type="xsd:string"
> use="required"/>
>                 <xsd:attribute name="Priority" type="xsd:string"/>
>                 <xsd:attribute name="MsgType" type="xsd:string"
> use="required"/>
> [...]

entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally
privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received
this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete
it.