When adding a linked image to an XLSX using POI that already has at least
one drawing, the resulting file is corrupted but can be recovered. However
the original drawings are gone.

Here is a code fragment:
        Workbook workbook = getWorkbook(doc);
        Sheet sheet = workbook.getSheetAt(0);
        Drawing patriarch = sheet.createDrawingPatriarch();
        ClientAnchor anchor =
workbook.getCreationHelper().createClientAnchor();
        anchor.setCol1(0);
        anchor.setRow1(0);
        anchor.setDx1(100);
        anchor.setDy1(100);
        patriarch.createLinkedPicture(anchor, uri.toString());
        workbook.write(outDoc);
        doc.close();
        outDoc.close();

I know that POI does not consider this a bug on their end so I was
wondering if this has to do with xmlbeans and if I could custom compile
xmlbeans so that I don't have this problem.

Thanks,
Michael Benoit