Hi Dominique,

Would you please check your ZooKeeper logs, because whenever Zk closes a
client connection due to SASL authentication failure, it adds the following
message to the logs:

LOG.warn("Closing client connection due to SASL authentication failure.");

On the other hand, if the connection is accepted even if SASL auth failed,
you should see the following message:

LOG.warn("Maintaining client connection despite SASL authentication
failure.");

If neither of these messages can be seen in ZK logs, that you're probably
facing to another problem.

Regards,
Andor