Hi,

Thanks for the pointers. I was playing a bit with the code and I see no
easy way to improve this. The limitation looks to be in
the com.sun.security.sasl.gsskerb.GssKrb5Server. It needs to have a
specific principal.
It is an interesting feature to use * for the principal but it looks like
it can't be used with the sasl server.
I have to make a decision on deployment which principal to use. It is not
the end of the world fortunately.
I am now looking for the same thing in kafka and it has a similar problem
with * principal.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time and help.

Regards,
Botond