Hi Ansel,

I don't think you can do this easily.

Processing of the reconfig() command is wired into
PrepRequestProcessor.pRequest2Txn(), you can find it if you look for the
case OpCode.reconfig in the switch block. There's a whole bunch of stuff
and maintenance is going on when reconfig is being performed which you
can't do with only the QuorumPeer object.

If you were able to inject ReconfigRequest into the pipeline somehow, you
could trigger the right logic, but I highly recommend considering using the
ZooKeeper API with an official client library instead.

Regards,
Andor