Hi Harish,
I think I see what may be the problem for you.  Based on your initial
description (6 ZK nodes, 3 down) I think the problem is that you no longer
have a quorum.  When a Zookeeper cluster is running, updates (i.e. removing
znodes) can only occur when Zookeeper has a quorum, which 50.1% of the
configured Zookeeper nodes.  If I understand correctly, then in your case
you have 6 Zookeeper nodes configured but 3 are down.  This means that you
only have 50.0% of the Zookeeper cluster working, and thus Zookeeper does
not have a quorum so no updates can be made.  I don't know much about the
new TTL feature in 3.5, but my assumption is that it works on this same
principle which is that no updates can be made to the cluster's znodes when
there is no quorum.  The same applies to the 3 Zookeeper node cluster, you
must have 2 nodes running to form a quorum and allow any updates to occur.

Please correct me if I missed something....

Thanks,
Brian

--

[image: Veeva Systems - Zinc Team]

*Brian Lininger*
Technical Architect, Infrastructure & Search
*Veeva Systems *
brian.linin...@veeva.com
www.veeva.com

*This email and the information it contains are intended for the intended
recipient only, are confidential and may be privileged information exempt
from disclosure by law.*
*If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by
reply email and delete this message from your computer.*
*Please do not retain, copy or distribute this email.*