Hi

We use ZK 3.4.13, and unfortunately cannot use Netty transport and SSL.
We plan to use digest authentication and Zookeeper ACL protection.

Question is, since we cannot use SSL, is there some other way to make sure the
user credentials are not sniffed over the network and thus let an attacker
impersonate our application and cange the content in Zookeeper? Does the
Zookeeper client do some smart moves to protect/hash the password over the
network? I suppose the binary transport is easy to decipher for those who try.

--
Jan Høydahl
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com