Jorn,
IIRC in my company we set up some ZK with TLS and SASL, using TLS for
encryption and SASL for auth.
We were using early 3.5.3 or something like that.

Do you have a specific error?

I can also add that in 3.6.0 we will have port-unification, this way you
can configure only one client port and accept plain text and TLS connection
from clients (this helps the ttransition to TLS)

Enrico