On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 9:58 AM Szalay-Bekő Máté
<szalay.beko.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I saw this problem a few times (usually when I build from IntelliJ console,
> after I changed to a different git branch).
>
> My solution is usually:
> git clean -xdf
> git reset --hard
> mvn clean
>
> after these steps usually "mvn clean install -DskipTests" works just fine

One variation of this recommendation I would make is: avoid using
`install`, because it can have unintended consequences. Only use
`install` when you explicitly need your built artifacts to be
installed into your local Maven repository for use in other local
builds. All other times, use `verify` instead, which should do
everything `install` does, but without polluting your local maven
repository with local builds (which can cause unexpected problems in
some cases, and that can be confusing to novice Maven users). For more
on the Maven targets in the default build lifecycle, I strongly
recommend reading this guide:
https://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-lifecycle.html