Hello Pankaj,

ZooKeeper C client provides two different APIs, a sync (multithreaded) and
an async (single threaded).
If you want to use the sync API (multi threaded) then make sure to link
your application code against the zookeeper_mt library.

When compiling the ZooKeeper C client code, you can set if you want to also
build the zookeeper_mt library. Depending on your preferred build tool:
- cmake: use the -DTHREADED cmake option to enable sync API build
- make: use the "./configure --without-syncapi" to disable the sync API
build

normally I just use "mvn clean install -DskipTests -Pfull-build" command to
build both the java and C code, which will build both the sync and async
zookeeper libraries.

This readme file should help, although I am not 100% sure it is totally
up-to-date :)
https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/tree/master/zookeeper-client/zookeeper-client-c

Kind regards,
Mate