Hi Will,

I remember there was a discussion in the past that starting 3.6 the
performance is reduced because of Prometheus metrics endpoint enabled. May
be you can try disabling metrics.

Recently we compared performance between 3.6.2 and 3.8.0 and found 3.8.0
performing way better than 3.6.2. There was improvement in both read and
updates.

Thanks
Srikant Kalani