(This message is a repost of a topic at
https://discourse.scilab.utc.fr/t/sundials-differential-equations-solvers-features<https://discourse.scilab.utc.fr/t/sundials-differential-equations-solvers-features/68/1>.
 Feel free to answer here or there).

Hello Scilab users,

We would like to have your impressions about forthcoming features. They are mainly about
differential equations, differential-algebraic and non-linear systems of equations and their
solvers as implemented by the recently awarded
SUNDIALS<https://computing.llnl.gov/projects/sundials> solver suite. Preview builds of
Scilab allowing to use all the solvers and their features are available at
https://www.utc.fr/~mottelet/scilab_for_macOS.html
1<https://www.utc.fr/~mottelet/scilab_for_macOS.html> (look for “Sundials/Colpack preview
builds”). The help pages (available online
1<https://www.utc.fr/~mottelet/scilab/sundials/>) and demos should give you a good idea of
the user-friendly features that are available, which can be compared to the actual features of
Scilab solvers such as ode() and dassl(). The underlying Sundials library also allows to consider
large scale systems of stiff equations (typically coming from discretization of partial
differential equations) by specifying sparse Jacobians or sparsity patterns allowing efficient
estimation thereof.

This is the occasion of thinking about revamping the differential equations
module, which could embrace theses new solvers and the actual ones, in a
unified API, which could also propose new solvers. So let us start the
discussion !

--
Stéphane Mottelet
Ingénieur de recherche

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may be confidential and/or
privileged.

If you are not one of the named recipients or have received this email in error,

(ii) please notify sender of your receipt by reply email and delete this email
and all attachments,

(iii) Dassault Systèmes does not accept or assume any liability or
responsibility for any use of or reliance on this email.

Please be informed that your personal data are processed according to our data
privacy policy as described on our website. Should you have any questions
related to personal data protection, please contact 3DS Data Protection Officer
https://www.3ds.com/privacy-policy/contact/