From: users <users-boun...@lists.scilab.org> On Behalf Of David Cousens
Sent: Saturday, March 30, 2024 12:30 AM
To: users@lists.scilab.org
Subject: Re: [Scilab-users] Scilab 2024.0.0 Unable to edit Figure or axes
properties

Hi Clement,

I have resolved the issue although I do not knao exactly what caused it. The
/opt/scilab-2024.0.0/share/scilab/modules/tclsci/tcl/BWidget
directory existed and had the correct permissions (drwxr-xr-x) but image and
lang subdirectories had drwxr-x--x and the tcl files in BWidget and the files
in the images and lang subdirectories all had permission -rwxr-x---. I had
6.6.1 running on a laptop and the subdirectory permissions on that were
drwxr-xr-x  and the file permissions for the tcl files and those in the
subdirectories were -rw- r--r--.  I changed the permissions to be the same as
in the 6.1.1 version on the laptop and everything now works fine.  I had
unpacked the tar in my home directory and sudo copied it to /opt and then
created a symbolic link in /usr/local/bin to run 2024.0.0.

I checked the permissions in the tarball as unpacked and they were  BWidget
drwxr-xr-x
 images   drwxr-xr--
 lang     drwxr-xr--
 tcl and image and lang file -rwxr-x---

so it appears the issue may be the permissions in the downloaded tarball.

Regards
David Cousens
This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may be confidential and/or
privileged.

If you are not one of the named recipients or have received this email in error,

(ii) please notify sender of your receipt by reply email and delete this email
and all attachments,

(iii) Dassault Systèmes does not accept or assume any liability or
responsibility for any use of or reliance on this email.

Please be informed that your personal data are processed according to our data
privacy policy as described on our website. Should you have any questions
related to personal data protection, please contact 3DS Data Protection Officer
https://www.3ds.com/privacy-policy/contact/