Marc-

That’s mostly a Java VM deal.  Google around, but there are ways to get a
handle to the ManagementFactory within memory. I believe you’d have to play
around with the startup parameters to enable the Management Bean, but not
enable the TCP/IP port.

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/lang/management/ManagementFactory.html

-Matt