From: Timothy Bish [mailto:tabish...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2015 9:47 AM
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Re: Enormous amount of db-xxx.log files in "scheduler" directory

On 10/22/2015 04:46 AM, Martin Lichtin wrote:
> Can you help me understand what is stored in the "scheduler" directory?
> I see about 14G of db-xxx.log files sitting there.
>
> All queues are empty and also the kahadb directory contains just one
> db-nnn.log file.
>
> schedulerSupport is enabled only due to use of the redelivery plugin.
>
> I'm pretty puzzled to see two directories ("kahadb" and "scheduler")
> containing message db files, with the latter one filling up.

The scheduler is a KahaDB based store that is used to hold and manage the
scheduled messages for the broker.  If you are using the broker side redelivery
plugin then there could be messages store in the scheduler.
You can use the JMX MBean to query what is contained in the scheduler.

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.