Hi,

We use AMQ 5.13.1 and connect to AMQ using Eclipse Paho's MQTT V3 client lib
to exchange MQTT messages between message publishers and durable
subscribers. Some of our durable subscribers (running on Android app) may go
offline for extended periods (say when mobile data connection is disabled
for the app) and this results in messages getting accumulated for such
subscribers on the broker.

One way to overcome this problem is to set message expiry so that AMQ can
delete all expired messages. But MQTT specification does not support message
expiry and hence I cannot set "TTL" for individual messages. Is there any
hook from AMQ side to achieve the same effect (either at destination level
or broker level)?

I saw a configuration offlineDurableSubscriberTimeout that can help to
achieve similar result. My question is :
a) Will offlineDurableSubscriberTimeout cleanup offline subscribers even if
there are unconsumed messages?
b) Is there any better mechanism to achieve the desired result?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Shobhana