Sorry Tim, I don't know how to reproduce this issue.

After this issue happened, I restarted AMQ broker by deleting the whole data
directory. I have been observing AMQ logs, but haven't found this issue
again.

Another point to note : Our app will try to subscribe again if subscription
fails for any reason other than connection issues. It keeps retrying until
it is successful or connection is down. This issue was observed with one
specific topic "profile/specific_id" where specific_id is the ID of one
specific user. From the logs backed up, I could see that this has failed for
250000 times (could have been more, but I had configured only 50 backup
logs). After I restarted the AMQ broker, subscription was successful.

I will keep observing and update if I find anything new.